This document aims to help you get started with your TradersPost account. It will teach you to connect a broker and create a subscription for the MOMO trading strategy.
Connect a Broker
Hover over Brokers in the main navigation menu and click Connected Brokers.
Once you arrive on this page, choose the broker you wish to connect. For the purposes of this document, we will connect an Alpaca account. Click the Alpaca row to continue to the next step.
After clicking on Alpaca you will be presented with a page asking you to login to your Alpaca account.
If you don’t already have an Alpaca account, create one here https://app.alpaca.markets/signup
After logging in to your Alpaca account, Alpaca will ask you to authorize TradersPost to access your account. Click Allow to continue.
Now you have your Alpaca account connected to TradersPost.
Create a Subscription
Hover over Strategies and click Subscriptions.
Now click New Subscription to view the list of available strategies to subscribe to.
Click the Subscribe button next to the MOMO strategy created by WageNet.
Now you will see a form to create a New Subscription.
Enter the details of your MOMO subscription in this form.
- Name - Give your subscription a name like My MOMO
- Auto submit - Check Auto submit if you want the trades to be automatically submitted to your broker. You are required to monitor your account and the trades executed by TradersPost even if you have Auto submit enabled.
- Tickers - Choose the tickers you want to trade MOMO with.
- Emails to notify - Enter your email in the Emails to notify field.
- Broker - Choose the broker you want this subscription to be connected to.
- Use live broker account - By default the subscription will use a paper account, check this option if you want the - subscription to use the live account instead of paper.
- Sides - Choose whether or not you want to go Long or Short with the Sides dropdown. It is important that you - analyze the broader market and decide if things are generally bullish or bearish and choose Long, Short or Both - accordingly.
Take Profit and Stop Losses
- Take profit percent - if you want a take profit order to be attached to your entry order, configure a percentage number to use for order calculation.
- Stop loss percent - if you want a stop loss order to be attached to your entry order, configure a percentage number to use for order calculation.
- Allow entry extended hours - when this option is checked, entry orders sent to the broker will include extended hours and will be forced to be limit orders.
- Allow exit extended hours - when this option is checked, exit orders sent to the broker will include extended hours and will be forced to be limite orders.
- Entry market - when this option is checked, entry orders sent to the broker will be market orders.
- Exit market - when this option is checked, entry orders sent to the broker will be market orders.
- Use signal quantity - If you have built a custom strategy that includes a quantity in the signal, checking this will cause your subscription to use that quantity instead of calculating your own quantity based on your risk parameters. If you don’t know what this means, leave this unchecked.